SEC Newgate has been working with the German multinational since 2014 across various parts of their business including, Beauty Care (Schwarzkopf, Pert, Syoss & FA); Laundry & Home Care (Persil, DAC) and corporate communications. Two examples projects are included below:
Henkel Group, a multinational chemical and consumer goods company, launched a global CSR initiative to build a science lab for children: Forscherwelt (Researchers’ World). The company built a lab inside Children’s City, an establishment owned by the Dubai Municipality. SEC Newgate was appointed as the main liaison between the government and the client, to manage the launch in October 2019.
- The agency’s corporate team secured the necessary permits and agreements to host various events targeting different audiences, and its consumer team for press events – having a perfect mix of skills suitable for the different nature of events.
- Organised a press conference with ribbon cutting by government officials and Henkel’s senior executives, an event for mommy bloggers, and another one dedicated to school students
- SEC Newgate managed media relations and developed all communications from speeches to editorial write-ups, as well as the event setup and catering
- The inaugural event was attended by VVIPs from the local authorities, local German institutions, CEOs of German companies in the UAE
- The event generated tier 1 coverage in key media outlets in the region, reaching out to over 116 million people with a total advertising value of USD 666,289
DAC AND PERSIL
As cases of COVID-19 spanned the globe, DAC Arabia and Persil Arabia launched a GCC-wide CSR campaign to show appreciation to the frontliners. The company donated 100,000 liters of disinfectant and laundry detergent to workers from three main categories: healthcare, retail and delivery services. SEC Newgate was tasked to develop the concept and run the campaign across the Gulf in 2020.
- The agency developed the concept and creatives for #SupportFrontliners, identifying frontline workers as modern-day heroes. In parallel, the agency developed and liaised with a database of potential partners including government agencies and private businesses across UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Oman, and Bahrain.
- SEC Newgate acted as a prime liaison between client and partners including health authorities, to obtain permits; and liaised with regional distributors and suppliers in managing deliveries and photo shoots
- Announcement of campaign activities were targeted to both traditional and new media, and the agency engaged social media influencers to amplify the message.
- Partnerships were secured with the UAE and KSA health authorities, and private businesses including Careem UAE & KSA, Talabat Oman & Bahrain, Nasser Pharmacies in Bahrain, Carrefour UAE, and Amazon UAE. Strategic relationships from Oman health authority and Kuwait businesses emerged from the outreach
- A total of 109 pieces of coverage were generated in top tier Pan Arab media, and the initiative was well received and supported by the UAE social media influencers with audiences spanning across the region. #SupportFrontliners campaign message reached to more than 73 million people with an advertising value of USD 546,605.